is a privately owned website that is not owned or operated by any state government agency.
Notice is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and does not assemble or evaluate information for the purpose of supplying consumer reports.

You understand that by clicking “I Agree” you consent to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy agree not to use information provided by for any purpose under the FCRA, including to make determinations regarding an individual’s eligibility for personal credit, insurance, employment, or for tenant screening.

This website contains information collected from public and private resources. cannot confirm that information provided below is accurate or complete. Please use information provided by responsibly.

You understand that by clicking “I Agree”, will conduct only a preliminary people search of the information you provide and that a search of any records will only be conducted and made available after you register for an account or purchase a report.

Nevada Court Records is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the FCRA and does not provide consumer reports. All searches conducted on are subject to the Terms of Service and Privacy Notice.


What Are Nevada Inmate Records?

Nevada inmate records comprise information on the arrest and sentence of offenders detained in Nevada correctional facilities. These inmate records cover state prisons, detention centers, and county/city jails. The Nevada Department of Corrections (NDOC) generates inmate records and also serves as a central repository for the records. Here, interested persons may access information on inmates detained under the NDOC’s jurisdiction. The information included on inmate records consists of the following:

  • Offender ID
  • First and last names
  • Date of birth
  • Physical definers, including weight, height, and race
  • Mugshot
  • Charge description
  • Facility location
  • Bail information (if any)
  • Sex 
  • Prison term, including the booking and release date

Under the Nevada Public Records Law, inmate records of offenders detained under the jurisdiction of the state of Nevada Department of Corrections (NDOC) are public. These records are open to the general public and may be obtained by querying the relevant state repositories. The county jail administration or sheriff’s department also maintains inmate records for offenders in county jails. Inmate records may also be retrieved online, as the NDOC provides an online portal where interested persons may find the desired information.

How To Find An Inmate In Nevada?

The Nevada Department of Corrections (NDOC) provides an inmate search portal where the general public may access inmate information and search for inmates in custody. Interested persons may use the inmate search portal to determine the present location of the inmate of interest by searching with either the offender ID or the inmate’s full name. The search information provided during the search is what determines the search results. Usually, for a name-based search, the portal provides information on inmates with related names. In contrast, a search with an offender ID provides only information on the target inmate. 

Interested persons may also inquire about a particular inmate by contacting the Family Services at (775) 887–3367 or Victim Services at (775) 887–3393. Also, individuals may direct queries to the Nevada Department of Corrections email at For mail-in inquires, send to:

ATTN: Family & Community Services
Nevada Department of Corrections
PO. Box 7011
Carson City, Nevada 89702
Phone: (775) 977–5707
Fax: (775) 977–5721

For inmates in county jails, send queries to the county sheriff’s department in person, or reach out to the county sheriff with contact details provided on the sheriff’s website. Generally, counties with a larger population, like Clark County and Washoe County, have an online database where interested persons may access inmate information. The Nevada Department of Public Safety provides a list of Nevada Sheriffs’ contact details in the state.

How To Find A Federal Inmate In Nevada?

Persons seeking federal inmates may use the inmate locator provided by the Federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP)to search for the inmate of interest. The BOP generates and maintains details of inmates under federal jurisdiction in Nevada from 1982 to date. On the other hand, the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) maintains records of federal inmates that were detained between 1870 and 1981.

In querying the NARA for federal inmate records, interested persons may provide the following information to help facilitate the search:

  • Inmate’s name, including middle name/initial
  • Date of birth or approximate age at the time of imprisonment 
  • Approximate dates in prison
  • Race

The inmate locator on the BOP’s website offers two methods of search. Here, individuals may either search with the federal inmate’s number or name. A number-based search provides a more precise search result because the portal releases information on only the inmate with the indicated number. In a number-based search, the requestor will be required to provide one of the numbers below:

  • Department of Corrections (DCDC) number
  • Immigration and Naturalization Services (INS) number
  • Bureau of Prisons (BOP) register number
  • Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) number

On the other hand, in a name-based search, the search results usually produce information on inmates with related names. In a name-based search, complete the following required fields, including the inmate’s first, middle, and last name. Other fields include race, age, and sex.

How Do I Find Inmate Records In Nevada?

Inmate records in Nevada are within the purview of the state of Nevada Department of Corrections (NDOC), which also provides access to the records upon request. Interested persons may obtain official inmate records by following the steps below:

  • Complete the public record request form: Use the requestor’s contact information, including phone number, email, and mailing address. Also, describe the desired records, inputting details such as the type of record, name on the record, dates, and date ranges. Any further available information should also be added.
  • Pay the required fee: Under the Nevada Revised Statutes section 239.052, the NDOC will charge 15 cents per page for each inmate record copy requested. This fee may be paid with a money order or check payable to “Nevada Department of Corrections,” and must be submitted along with the record request. 

The record may be presented in the form of a single-sided, black and white format. However, note that an electronic copy carries an extra charge of $5 for each compact disc/digital video disc (if applicable). The requestor will also bear all shipping costs if applicable. Bulk payments above $100.00 must be made in certified funds. 

  • Mail completed request forms and fee, or submit all documents in-person to:

5500 Snyder Avenue, Bldg. 17
Carson City, Nevada 89701
Phone: (775) 887–3309
Fax: (775) 887–3253

Requestors may request inmate records during regular business hours, between Monday and Friday, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Requests are processed within five business days.

The NDOC also provides public access to inmate records online via the inmate search portal. This portal may be searched with either the offender ID or the first and last names. However, the search results provided cannot be used for official purposes. Interested persons may follow the steps listed above to obtain official copies.

For inmate records of persons in county jail, contact the Jail Administrator or the County Sheriff in the county or city jail. For example, requestors may obtain inmate records of persons held up at the Washoe County Jail by contacting the County Sheriff office at:

911 Parr Blvd
Reno, NV 89512 
Phone: (775) 328–3023

The Nevada Department of Public Safety provides a list of Nevada Sheriffs’ contact details in the state. Most counties require that requestors present a state-issued valid ID and a nominal fee during requests.

Records that are considered public may be accessible from some third-party websites. These websites often make searching simpler, as they are not limited by geographic location, and search engines on these sites may help when starting a search for a specific or multiple records. To begin using such a search engine on a third-party or government website, interested parties usually must provide:

  • The name of the person involved in the record, unless said person is a juvenile
  • The location or assumed location of the record or person involved. This includes information such as the city, county, or state that the person resides in or was accused in

Third-party sites are independent of government sources and are not sponsored by these government agencies. Because of this, record availability on third-party sites may vary.

How To Put Money On Jail Inmates Book In Nevada?

Interested persons may send money to Nevada inmates via a Lockbox Deposit Coupon (money order or cashier’s check) or Access Corrections phone and online deposits. Make payment via any of the following methods:

  • By mail: Complete the deposit slip and mail with a money order to:

Secure Deposits - Nevada DOC 
Box 12486, Louis, MO 63132

  • Kiosk: Make deposits at any of the kiosks available in the lobbies of NDOC facilities. The following facilities accept credit/debit cards and cash deposits: 
    • High Desert State Prison 
    • Florence McClure Women’s Correctional Center
    • Northern Nevada Correctional Center

The following facilities accept only credit/debit cards payments:

    • NDOC Southern Administration at Casa Grande Transitional Housing
    • NDOC Northern Administration
    • Lovelock Correctional Center
    • Ely State Prison
  • Walk-in retail location: Register with Cash Pay Today to get a Consumer ID or call 1–844–340-CASH(2274) to complete the registration and get a close retail location.

The requestor’s name, birth date, phone number, address, and email will be required during registration. After registration, the requestor is required to provide the retail clerk with the inmate’s name and I. D., along with the requestor’s Consumer ID and cash. A nominal fee is charged per deposit.

  • Online: Log in or sign up at the Access Corrections website. Online deposits are completed via credit or debit cards. Interested persons may also send money over the phone by calling Access Corrections at 1–866–345–1884. A nominal fee is charged per deposit.

Important Note: Money sent to inmates may be subject to deductions in line with the Nevada Revised Statutes. Also, all cashier’s checks and money orders received directly by NDOC will be available to the inmate within 14 days. Deposits must not exceed $2,999. For credit and debit card payments, only Mastercard and Visa cards are accepted.

There are service rates for each access deposit made. Interested persons may also use an inmate deposit coupon or an inmate deposit gift coupon.

For county jail payment, interested persons may make payments at the kiosks in jail lobbies or contact the county sheriff in the county where the inmate is detained. The Nevada Department of Public Safety provides a list of Nevada Sheriff contact details in the state. 

  • Criminal Records
  • Arrests Records
  • Warrants
  • Driving Violations
  • Inmate Records
  • Felonies
  • Misdemeanors
  • Bankruptcies
  • Tax & Property Liens
  • Civil Judgements
  • Federal Dockets
  • Probate Records
  • Marriage Records
  • Divorce Records
  • Death Records
  • Property Records
  • Asset Records
  • Business Ownership
  • Professional Licenses
  • And More!